Garlic ShrimpSteven Raichlen
Called Gambas al Ajillo, succulent jumbo shrimp are grilled in an open foil packet with olive oil, fresh garlic, spices, and Spanish sherry, and finished with butter and parsley. They’re positively addictive.
- Grill Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Method: Direct grilling using Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Spanish sherry or white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika (pimentón)
- Coarse salt (sea or kosher), to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
You’ll also need:
- Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
1: Set up your grill for direct grilling and heat to medium-high.
2: In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, sherry, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon of each). Whisk to emulsify. Add the shrimp and stir gently to coat.
3: Tear off a 12- by 20-inch piece of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil. Place it dull side up (non-stick side) on your workspace. Arrange the shrimp in the center in a single layer. Bring the long edges of the foil together. Fold twice. Next, fold the short edges twice to completely enclose the shrimp.
4: Place the foil packet on the grill grate and grill, turning once or twice, until the shrimp are pink and opaque, 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp. Open the packet carefully and dot with the butter cubes. (The butter will melt into the sauce.) Sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with crusty bread.