Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Guacamole SalsaSteven Raichlen
While the Paleo lifestyle encompasses so much more than just the food, the fact is, there are some amazingly delicious Paleo recipes—which can make getting, and staying, healthy all that much easier. Not to mention tastier! Click here to find more Paleo recipes and discover just how flavorful eating healthy can be!
This post is brought to you by Paleo Magazine, which provided advertising support. Photo Credit: Savannah Wishart Photography.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Guacamole Salsa
- Active Prep: 45 minutes (includes marinating time)
- Grill Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 4
For the Chicken
- 1 (5–6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for grill)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Salsa
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup diced red onion or chopped scallions
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1: Make the chicken: Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness using a rolling pin or meat mallet. Place in a large bowl. Add the lime juice, cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime zest, cumin, coconut sugar, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the chicken with the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 8 hours).
2: Heat a grill to medium-high. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and discard any extra marinade. Oil the grates of the grill well. Add the chicken and grill for 5–6 minutes per side, or until a meat thermometer pierced into the thickest part registers 165º F. Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
3: Combine all of the ingredients for the salsa. Serve with the chicken.
Photo Credit: Savannah Wishart Photography