Grilled Garlic Parsley Cheese BreadSteven Raichlen
Grilled Garlic Parsley Cheese Bread
- 1 loaf French bread (20 to 24 inches long)
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Step 1: Cut the bread sharply on the diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet.
Step 2: Place the butter, garlic, cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper in a bowl and beat to mix. Using a spatula, spread the garlic butter on both sides of the bread. The recipe can be prepared ahead to this stage.
Step 3: Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to medium-high. Have one portion of the grill unlit, where you can move the bread if it starts to burn.
Step 4: Grill the bread until a deep golden brown on both sides, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Don’t take your eyes off the grill for a second, as the bread will burn quickly. Serve it hot off the grill.