Grilled Vegetable SaladSteven Raichlen
While the Paleo lifestyle encompasses so much more than just the food, the fact is, there are some amazingly delicious Paleo recipes—which can make getting, and staying, healthy all that much easier. Not to mention tastier! Click here to find more Paleo recipes and discover just how flavorful eating healthy can be!
This post is brought to you by Paleo Magazine, which provided advertising support. Photo Credit: Savannah Wishart Photography.
Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Active Prep: 20 minutes
- Grill Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced ¼-inch thick crosswise
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced ¼-inch thick crosswise
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced ½-inch thick crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
1: Preheat the grill to medium. Place the sliced vegetables on the grill and cook until just tender and brown around the edges, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the vegetables from the grill and set aside for 10 minutes. Once cooled, chop into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
2: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and oregano. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts (if using) before serving.