KB Sauce (Korean Barbecue Sauce)Steven Raichlen
Use this recipe with Korean Pulled Pork.
KB Sauce (Korean Barbecue Sauce)
- Yield: Makes about 6 cups
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup Sprite, or other lime soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 cups (about 1 pound) gochujang
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (optional), or to taste
Tip 1: Place the water, Sprite, sugars, and soy sauce in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until the sugars are dissolved, 3 minutes, whisking well. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly, then whisk in the sesame oil and gochujang. Transfer the sauce to clean jars. Covered and refrigerated, the sauce will keep for several weeks.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Smoke Season 3:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2017 Barbacoa, Inc.