Mango SalsaSteven Raichlen
A simple and colorful salsa. It’s sweet and crunchy, with a nice ginger-habañero bite. Serve this fiery Mango Salsa with Grilled Florida Lobster, Rum Butter Basted.
Other Recipes from Episode 212: Miami Spice
- Grilled Florida Lobster, Rum Butter Basted and Mango Salsa
- Island Spice Beef Ribs
- Turkey Adobo with Mojo de Ajo
- Yield: Makes 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 cups diced ripe mango
- ½ English (hot house) cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ habanero or Scotch bonnet chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied ginger
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
1: Combine the lime juice and sugar in a bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss to mix. Serve within a few hours of making.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Fire Season 2:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Fire is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2019 Barbacoa, Inc. Photos by Chris Bierlein.
Find This Recipe
New York Times Bestseller Project Smoke is the How to Grill of smoking, both a complete step-by-step guide to mastering the gear and techniques and a collection of 100 explosively flavorful recipes for smoking every kind of food, from starters to desserts. Project Smoke describes Raichlen’s seven steps to smoked food nirvana, including 1. Choose […]Buy Now ‣