Smoked Whipped CreamSteven Raichlen
Serve this recipe on top of your favorite desserts, or try it with Salt Slab-Grilled Pears with Amaretti.
Other Recipes from Project Fire Episode 313: Raichlen’s Rules: Desserts
- Thai Coconut Bananas
- Grilled Pound Cake with Fresh Berry Salsa and Smoked Whipped Cream
- Dessert Quesadillas
- Smoked Ice Cream with Rum Raisin Sauce
Smoked Whipped Cream
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- Equipment: A handheld smoker (or you can smoke the cream in your grill or smoker)
- 1 ½ cups heavy (whipping) cream, well-chilled
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar) or agave syrup, or more to taste
1: Place the cream in a large glass bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap, leaving one edge open. Fill and light a handheld smoker following the manufacturer’s instructions. Insert the tube of the smoker, fill the bowl with smoke, withdraw the tube, and tightly cover the bowl with the plastic wrap. Let infuse for 4 minutes. Stir the cream to incorporate the smoke. Repeat 1 to 3 times. Beat the cream to soft peaks in a chilled bowl using an electric mixer, hand-held beater, or whisk. Whisk in the confectioners’ sugar and beat until firm. The Smoked Whipped Cream can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead and refrigerated, covered.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Fire Season 3:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Fire is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2021 Barbacoa, Inc. Photos by Chris Bierlein