Yogurt Cucumber SauceSteven Raichlen
Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
- Yield: Makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or dill
Step 1: Peel the cucumber and cut it in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds with a melon baller or spoon. Coarsely grate the cucumber.
Step 2: Place the garlic, salt, and pepper in the bottom of a mixing bowl and mash to a paste with the back of a spoon. Stir in the cucumber, yogurt, olive oil, and mint. Add salt to taste: the sauce should be highly seasoned.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Smoke Season 3:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2017 Barbacoa, Inc.