Crab-Hatch Chile Jalapeño PoppersSteven Raichlen
Hatch chile season lasts only a few weeks during August and September. Take advantage of hatch chile season and make these delicious Crab-Hatch Chile Jalapeño Poppers. Recipe from Melissa’s Hatch Chile Cookbook.
Click here to learn more about hatch chiles.
More Chile Recipes:
Crab-Hatch Chile Jalapeño Poppers
- Active Prep: 30 minutes
- Grill Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 16 (1 popper)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 pound)
- ½ pound lump crabmeat, cleaned
- 3 fresh Hatch chile peppers, roasted, peeled, stems and seeds removed, and diced (about ⅓ cup)
- 16 large fresh jalapeño chile peppers (about 1½ pounds), halved
1: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil; lightly spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, gently combine cheese, crabmeat, and Hatch chile.
2: Carefully remove seeds and veins from jalapeño chile halves. Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into jalapeño chile halves. Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into jalapeño chile halves. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 400°F until jalapeño chiles just start to get tender and cheese browns, about 7 to 10 minutes. Serve.