Pita for Good Grilled LamburgersSteven Raichlen
Pita for Good Grilled Lamburgers
- Yield: 6-7 patties
- 1-1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons (scant) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Step 1: Mix all ingredients together with your hands in a bowl and form into 6-7 patties.
Step 2: Grill over medium-high heat until just cooked to medium.
Step 3: Remove from heat and let stand for a minute, then serve with any or all of: warm pita bread, hummus, hot sauce, tzatziki sauce, and tomato relish.