Vegetable SkewersSteven Raichlen
Make these Vegetable Skewers with Jim Hunt’s Blackened Redfish “On the Halfshell”.
More Recipes from Episode 203: Gulf Coast Grill
- Grill-Top Shrimp Boil
- Jim Hunt’s Blackened Redfish “On the Halfshell”
- Smoke-Roasted Florida Oysters and Clams
- Yield: Makes 2 skewers
- Equipment: Metal or bamboo skewers
- ½ pound button mushrooms, wiped clean (leave whole)
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, trimmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Herb butter (see here)
1: Thread the vegetables on metal or bamboo skewers, alternating mushrooms, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and onion. Brush lightly with herb butter and grill, turning as needed, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender crisp. If using metal skewers, slide the vegetables off the skewers before serving.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Fire Season 2:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Fire is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2019 Barbacoa, Inc. Photos by Chris Bierlein.