Cajun RemouladeSteven Raichlen
Cajun Remoulade is one of those explode-in-your-mouth-flavor sauces. This remoulade sauce is creamy and spicy and brings the flavors all together when served with Grill-Blackened Tuna.
More Sauce Recipes:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups; enough to serve 8
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Creole or grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons your favorite hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large shallot, peeled finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 scallion (white and green parts), trimmed and finely chopped
- Coarse salt (sea or kosher), to taste
: Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir or whisk to mix. Correct the seasoning, adding salt or hot sauce to taste. Transfer to a lidded jar, cover, and refrigerate. The sauce will keep for at least a week.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Smoke Season 3:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2017 Barbacoa, Inc.