Char Siu Barbecue SauceSteven Raichlen
Char Siu Barbecue Sauce
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine or sake
- 2 tablespoons Asian dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Step 1: Place the ingredients in a saucepan. Gently simmer until richly flavored, 5 minutes, then let cool to room temperature.
Our thanks to the sponsors of Project Smoke Season 3:
Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke is a production of Maryland Public Television, Barbacoa, Inc., and Resolution Pictures. © 2017 Barbacoa, Inc.