Herbes de ProvenceSteven Raichlen
Herbes de Provence
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
- 1/4 cup dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried summer savory (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves, finely crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your fingers, crumbling any large rosemary leaves.
Step 2: Store in an airtight container away from light; it will keep for as long as 6 months.
NOTE: Herbes de Provence is a spice blend that is commercially available at most supermarkets and gourmet stores. Or, you can make your own using the recipe above.