Molho à Campanha (Country Salsa)Steven Raichlen
This vibrant condiment is one of myriad salsa served with grilled meats in Latin America. Unlike familiar Mexican salsas, it contains no hot chiles or cilantro.
Molho à Campanha (Country Salsa)
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Step 1: Place the wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper in a nonreactive mixing bowl and whisk until the salt dissolves.
Step 2: Add the bell peppers, onion, parsley, and oil and stir to mix. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt, black pepper, and/or vinegar as necessary.