Marinades, Sauces, Rubs & Salsas
Coffee-Cocoa RubSteven Raichlen
- Yield: Makes 1-1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1/4 cup coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Step 1: Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and break up any lumps with your fingers or a whisk.
Step 2: Store in a tightly covered container away from heat or light. Store for up to 6 months. Use on lamb, pork, or beef.
Try these other rub recipes:
Jamaican Jerk Rub
Basic Barbecue Rub